Derma Product List – Dermatology is a branch of modern medical science which involves diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases related to the skin, hair, nails, oral cavity and genital, etc. It also involves cosmetic care and beauty products related to your skin type. Products used in dermatology is known as Dermatological products or Derma Products or skin care products. I am here with my blog, which contains all the necessary information related to skincare products, some of their derma product list and also global market needs and trends of derma products.
The division of derma product list is purely dedicated to the research and development of various dermatological, cosmetology and trichology products. This industry includes establishments of the skin related products that produce drugs to treat diseases such as rosacea, dermatitis, hyperhidrosis, androgenic alopecia, acne, microbial infections, and other skin disorders. Major players in the global Derma drugs market include Johnson & Johnson, Allergan Plc, Galderma S.A, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
Statistics and Facts about the Skincare or Derma product list of India and globally
Increasing incidence and prevalence of infectious disorders related to skin, nails, and hair among individuals across the globe, is a key factor expected to drive the growth of the skincare and Derma product list market. In addition, increasing awareness about available dermatology solutions among patient is another factor expected to boost the growth of the target market in the near future. The skincare market in India is also evolving rapidly.
Before jumping to any of the conclusions or Derma product list, we bring you statistics and some facts that depict the growing skincare product industry of dermatology market and cosmeceuticals markets in India and around the globe.
- The global market for skin disease treatment technologies, which reached $17.1 billion in 2015, should reach $20.4 billion in 2020, demonstrating a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%.
- The U.S market for skin disease treatment, which dominates the global market throughout the period, totaled $7.5 billion in 2015 and should reach $8.6 billion in 2020, reflecting a five-year CAGR of 2.6%.
- BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China), the fastest growing region of the global dermatology market with a five-year CAGR of 6%, should total more than $4.6 billion by 2020.
- The skincare industry is said to be an estimated Rs. 3,400 Cr with the dermatology size being 1950 crore. It is growing at a good range of 11 percent.
- In India, Men’s grooming and personal care market are garnering $10 billion (Rs.61, 000 crores) personal care product market.
- The Indian cosmetics market is growing twice as fast as that of the United States and the European market. This shows that dermatology market growth is quite impressive to counterparts China, Japan, etc.
Derma Product Market Segmentation
The global dermatology product market is further segmented based on the following types:
- Firstly, On the basis of treatment, the derma product list market is categorized into topical corticosteroids, retinoids, biologics, calcineurin inhibitors, antihistamines, hormonal therapy, and others, where the “others” category includes antibiotics; antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral agents; and enzyme inhibitors. Topical corticosteroids have the largest share in the market in 2017, with a revenue contribution of 28.9%. This can be attributed to the increase in the demand for these drugs on account of the rising prevalence of eczema globally.
- Based on the drug, the derma product list market is classified into Humira, Remicade, Otezla, Stelara, Enbrel, Cosentyx, Neoral, Taltz, Cubicin, Canesten, Zyvox, Dupixent, Protopic, Valtrex, Eucrisa, and others. Other drugs mainly include Altabax, Entyvio, Actemra, Kineret, Simulect, Zinbryta, Arava, Millipred, Rhofade, Enstilar, Jublia, and Siliq. Humira contributed revenue of 20.3% to the market in 2017 owing to the increased product demand from psoriasis patients. Humira is used in the treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis who are eligible for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
- On the basis of the therapy area, the derma product list market is categorized into psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne, rosacea, acne scars, skin cancer, and others. Other chronic skin conditions include fungal infections of the skin (such as athlete’s foot), cold sores, blisters, hives, actinic keratosis, and carbuncles. During the forecast period, the market is expected to witness the highest growth in demand for dermatological drugs for the treatment of psoriasis, with 8.5% CAGR.
Trends In The Dermatology Drugs Market
- There are 850 products in the dermatology pipeline with a disclosed stage of development, but the majority of these drugs are at an early stage of development. Some 42% of the pipeline is in the Preclinical stage, while 14% is in the discovery stage. However, 32% of the pipeline is in clinical development, but only 3% are in the Pre-registration stage and less than half are novel.
- Four drugs that were approved for psoriasis are Cosentyx, Otezla, Eucrisa, and Taltz.
- The most notable of the four are Cosentyx and Otezla, which were approved in 2015 and 2014, respectively, and are forecast to generate $3.8 billion and $2.7 billion from the therapy area in 2023, respectively.
- The two most recently approved psoriasis treatments, Taltz and Eucrisa, are not expected to achieve the same level of commercial success as Cosentyx or Otezla because they are entering a market that is already saturated with entrenched competitors that have reduced the level of unmet need.
Dermatology Product List Market Drivers
Due to the approval of a large number of drugs approved by FDA and other regulatory bodies to cure increased skin conditions and disorders the scope and potential for the global derma product list market is expected to significantly rise in the forecast period.
- Skin disease is one of the leading causes of non-fatal disease burden globally, affecting millions of people. Aging, trauma, and environmental and genetic factors can result in the development of skin diseases. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), skin diseases are among the most common human health disorders and affect almost 900 million people across the world at any given time. Some of the most common types of skin diseases reported globally are pyoderma, scabies, acne, eczema, and warts.
- Acne is the most common skin condition in the U.S., affecting up to 50 million Americans annually. The treatment costs for acne in the country exceeded $1.2 billion in 2013. A number of treatments, including dermatology drugs, are available nowadays to prevent the occurrence of dermatological diseases. Thus, the increasing incidence of skin diseases is resulting in the high demand for dermatological drugs, which, in turn, is driving the derma product list market growth.
Some of the major Derma Product List with their composition and price list in India
This is a general list that can provide you an idea of derma product list, you should choose marketing in derma section or you are looking for pharma franchise of derma product list. Here we are providing a composition, approximate MRP, packing, etc. Top pcd/franchise/branded companies in Dermatology must have below products in their product list. These are the most running products for the skincare section. Here is the product portfolio for derma products:
|1.||Tretinoin USP 0.025% w/w. & Clindamycin Phosphate|
USP Equivalent to Clindamycin 1.0 % w/w
|2.||CLINDAMYCIN 1% + ADAPALENE 0.1%||15gm||Gel||125|
|3.||ADAPALENE 0.1% + BENZOYL PEROXIDE 2.5%||15gm||Gel||341|
|4.||Clindamycin Phosphate USP Equivalent|
to Clindamycin base 1%
|5.||CLOTRIMAZOLE +BECLOMETHASONE + NEOMYCINSULPHATE||15gm||Cream||56|
|6.||LIGHTLIQUIDPARAFFIN + ALOE VERA + GLYCERINEMOISTURISING CREAM||100gm||Cream||190|
|7.||KOJICACID 2%, BETAARBUTIN 1.5%, VITAMINE 1%, MULBERRYEXT .1%, OCTINOXATE||15gm||Cream||190|
|8.||CLINDAMYCIN 300MG||10X10||ALU ALU /CAPSULE||2200|
|9.||Adapalene 0.1% w/w & Clindamycin|
Phosphate USP Equivalent to Clindamycin
1.0 % w/w
|10.||Hydrous Benzoyl Peroxide BP Eq. to|
anhydrous Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% w/w in
an aqueous gel base q.s. with Glycerol and Acrylates copolymer
|11.||Hydrous Benzoyl Peroxide BP Eq. to|
anhydrous Benzoyl Peroxide 5% w/w in
an aqueous gel base q.s. with Glycerol and Acrylates copolymer
|12.||HYDROXYZINE 25MG||1 0 X 1 0|
|13.||KETOCONAZOLE 200MG||1 0 X 1 0|
( ALU ALU )
|14.||LEVOCETRIZINE 5MG||1 0 X 1 0|
( ALU ALU )
|17.||Clotrimazole 1% w/v &|
Beclomethasone Dipropionate 0.025% w/v
|18.||Clobetasol Propionate USP 0.05% w/v||40 ml||Lotion||119.00|
|19.||Calamine IP 15% ,|
Zinc Oxide IP 5%, Bentonite IP 3% Sodium Citrate IP
0.50%, Liquified Phenol
IP 0.50%, Glycerine IP 5%, Rose Water
|20.||Clobetasol Propionate USP 0.05% w/v||30ml||Lotion||63.20|
CALAMINE, PARAFFIN & ALOEVERA
|22.||ITRACONAZOLE 1% DUSTING POWDER||75ml||DUSTING POWDER||180.00|
|23.||GAMMABENZENE 0.1% + CETRIMIDE 1%||100ml||Lotion||75.00|
|24.||MINOXIDIL TOPICAL SOLUTION 5%||60ml||Lotion||560.00|
|25.||TRICLOSAN + ZINCOXIDE + TEATREEOIL + WHEATGERMOIL + GLYCERINE0.5%|
|26.||KETOCONAZOLE 2 % +|
CETRIMIDE 0 . 5 %
|27.||HYDROQUINONE + TITANIUMDIOXIDE + COCONUTOIL + PALMKERNEL +PERFUME|
|28.||VITAMIN E +GLYCERINE + ALOEVERA|
|29.||Clobetasol Propionate USP|
|30.||Halobetasol Propionate USP 0.05% w/w|
& Salicylic Acid IP 6%
|31.||Clobetasol Propionate USP 0.05% w/w +|
Salicylic Acid IP 3.00% w/w + Urea IP 10.00% w/w + Lactic Acid IP 3.00% w/w
& Sodium Lactate Solution USP Equ. to Lactic Acid IP 2.00% w/w in an Ointment base with
Propylene Glycol q.s.
Tacrolimus 0.1% w/w
|33.||Clotrimazole 1% w/w + Selenium|
Sulfide 2.5% w/v
|34.||Octyl methoxycinnamate USP 7.5% w/w|
+Avobenzone USP 2% w/w +Oxybenzone USP 3% w/w & Zinc Oxide IP 2% w/w
|35.||Cetyl alcohol IP 2.650% w/w &|
Stearyl Alcohol IP 0.260% w/w
|36.||Clobetasol Propionate USP|
0.05 % w/w
|37.||Clotrimazole 1% w/w &|
Beclomethasone Dipropionate 0.025% w/w
|38.||Urea IP 10% w/w, Lactic Acid IP 10%|
w/w, Propylene Glycol IP 10% w/w &
Liquid Paraffin IP 10% w/w
|39.||Mometasone Furoate USP 1mg.||30 gm||Cream||122.60|
|40.||Nadifloxacin 10mg, Mometasone|
Furoate 1mg, Miconazole Nitrate 20mg
In my above article, I have listed the proper details about Derma Product List. Hoping the information granted in our blog of pharmaadda would help you to reach your perfect destination. For more, feel free to visit our official website and fill the contact form or you can directly call us. We are always ready to help our customers.