Best Cough Syrup Names in India – Cough, and cold is the major problem that is experienced quite a times by almost every person in the world. From sleepless nights to the uncomfortable throat, coughs can really make a full stop on your day to day activities. Even worse, coughs are usually accompanied by cold and sometimes fever. Well, what we remember at that time are cough syrups which actually gives you relief from the sleepless nights. They give you a temporary relief by soothing the inflamed tissue around the throat and suppress the cough reflexes.
Cough and cold segment is the largest segment largely because most of the brands are available over the counter without need to have a prescription. Top-selling brands in the domestic market include Liv-52 by Himalaya, Augmentin by GlaxoSmithKline, Human Mixtard (insulin) marketed by Abbott and Ranbaxy’s antibiotic drug, Cifran. All the top 10 brands also registered a huge growth last year. If you want PCD Franchise for Cough Syrup and Third party manufacturing of Cough Syrup you can contact us or fill the contact form.
List Of Top and Best Cough Syrup Names in India
There is a range of cough syrups available in the Indian market, That will come in handy and useful for both kids and adults in reducing the inflammation caused due to a persistent cough. Best Cough Syrup Names in India are given below in this article.
Broxovic cough syrup is the Best cough syrup in India. It was manufactured by Vibcare Pharma Pvt. Ltd. The company is a growing pharmaceutical company, committed to increasing access to high-quality healthcare by developing, producing and marketing affordable generic drugs in Domestic as well as International Markets. The composition of Broxovic cough syrup contains:
- Ambroxol 15 MG
- Guaifenesin 50 MG
- Terbutaline 1.25 MG
- Menthol 1MG
Ambroxol contains in this syrup is a secretolytic agent used in the treatment of respiratory diseases associated with viscid or excessive mucus. The Broxovic is a mucoactive drug with several properties including secretolytic and secretomotor actions that restore the physiological clearance mechanisms of the respiratory tract which play an important role in the body’s natural defense mechanisms. Mainly used to assist the expectoration of phlegm from the airways in acute respiratory tract infections. Some of the side effects of Broxovic:
- Stomach upset symptoms can become uncomfortable and may contribute to a decreased appetite in certain patients.
- To limit the development of these side effects, ambroxol hydrochloride should be taken with food.
- Less serious guaifenesin side effects may include:
- dizziness or headache,
- a rash, or.
- nausea, vomiting, or stomach upset.
Contact for ordering: Plot No 4, HSIIDC IT PARK, Sector 22, Panchkula, Haryana, India 134109
2. Benadryl cough syrup:
Benadryl is a brand name for a number of different antihistamine medications used to stop allergies, including diphenhydramine, acrivastine, and cetirizine. The cough syrup was marketed by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (originally Warner-Lambert). Benadryl Syrup is a combination of three medicines:
- Ammonium chloride
- Sodium citrate
Benadryl Syrup is used to treat cough and it relieves sneezing, runny nose, itching, watery eyes, hives, rashes, and other symptoms of allergies. It thins, loosens and decreases the stickiness of phlegm and helps in its removal from the airways. Some important notes:
- Benadryl Syrup should be taken in the dose and duration advised by your doctor and can be taken with or without food.
- Taking more than the recommended doses of this medicine is not recommended.
- It is important to inform your doctor if you have any health conditions such as liver or kidney disease.
- It is advised not to consume alcohol along with this medicine as this may harm your health.
- Before you start with the treatment, it is important to consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Stomach pain / epigastric pain
- Coordination impaired
- Thickened respiratory tract secretions
- Allergic reaction
Contact for ordering: Unit 601-604, 6th Floor, Block A, Hyatt Regency, Bhikaji Kama Place, New Delhi- 110066, India.
3. Touvib Cough Syrup:
Touvib Cough Syrup cough syrup is the Best cough syrup in India. It was manufactured by Vibcare Pharma Pvt. Ltd. The composition of Touvib cough syrup contains:
- Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 MG /50 MG
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5 MG
- CPM 2 MG
Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. Dextromethorphan shows high-affinity binding to several regions of the brain, including the medullary cough center. Phenylephrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).
Chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and phenylephrine is a combination medicine use to treat a cough, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, and watery eyes caused by allergies, the common cold, or the flu. Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe anxiety or restless feeling, hallucinations, tremor, seizure (convulsions);
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- painful or difficult urination, little or no urinating;
- pale skin, weakness; or
- increased blood pressure–severe headache, buzzing in your ears, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats.
Some of the side effects of Touvib.
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn, loss of appetite
- dry mouth
- increased urination
- dizziness, drowsiness, double vision, mild headache
- sleep problems (insomnia)
Contact them – Plot No 4, HSIIDC IT PARK, Sector 22, Panchkula, Haryana, India 134109
4. Corex cough syrup:
Corex is a cough syrup sold by Pfizer Inc. It is available in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and a few other South Asian countries. Corex is a prescribed medicine. Its active ingredients are chlorpheniramine maleate and codeine phosphate. It is anti-allergic cough syrup and effective treatment for dry cough. The anti-histamine component of the syrup combats common cold symptoms, itchy throat, and allergic cold and other associated symptoms. Composition of Corex Syrup:
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate-4 mg
This salt aids in relief from symptoms of allergic cough and cold. It is anti-histamine of the first generation and acts as an inverse agonist.
- Codeine Phosphate-10 mg – It is the phosphate salt of codeine, which is a mild opioid. Codeine is a naturally occurring phenanthrene alkaloid and is wide uses for its pain relief properties.
Corex syrup comes in liquid form and is a package at 50 ml and 100 ml bottles. Corex syrup is strictly a prescription drug that should be taken no longer than 7 days in a row. Uses and benefits of Corex include:
- Common cold
- Dry cough
- Hay Fever
- Mild Pain
Side Effects of Corex :
- Drowsiness and dizziness
- nervousness and lightheadedness.
- nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal cramps and pain.
- The altered mood may cause depression while being on Corex syrup.
- Micturition (little urination) and dysuria (painful urination) is a less common Corex syrup side effect.
- Sleep disorders like insomnia can day time sleepiness are other side effects.
Contact for ordering: Besides, Hyatt Regency, Bhikaji Cama Place, Rama Krishna Puram, New Delhi, Delhi 110066
5. Glycodin Cough Syrup:
Glycodin Syrup is used to treat dry cough. The cough syrup manufacture by Alembic India. It works by reducing the activity of the cough center in the brain. Glycodin Syrup provides a sensation of coolness and relieves minor throat irritation. It also decreases the stickiness of airway secretions and helps in their removal from the airways. Glycodin Syrup is a combination of three medicines:
- Terpin hydrate
Glycodin Syrup is a combination of three medicines: Dextromethorphan, menthol and terpin hydrate which relieve dry cough. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant that relieves cough by reducing the activity of the cough center in the brain. Menthol is an organic compound that produces a sensation of coolness and relieves minor throat irritation. Terpin hydrate is an expectorant that works by decreasing the stickiness of airway secretions and helps in their removal from the airways. Side Effects of Glycodin:
- Light Headedness
- Edema (Swelling)
- Dry Mouth
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Check the label for directions before use.
- Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth.
- Shake well before use.
- Glycodin Syrup may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Contact details: Alembic Pharma Campus, Alembic Rd, Subhanpura, Vadodara, Gujarat 390003
Depending upon the cause, duration and severity cough syrup for a wet cough or dry cough can be purchased by over of the counter in the store and for severe and longer duration cough with an underlying disease is highly advised to consult a doctor to avoid any further complication. Kids and adults have different medicines that are known to act differently in each. Get your treatment and dosage right and live the healthy way.
In this article, we have given some of the Best Cough Syrup Names in India with their descriptions. Contact Pharmaadda for further details about PCD Franchise of Pharma Cough Syrup, Third Party Manufacturing of Pharma Cough Syrup, Pharma Franchise of Cough Syrups ad many more opportunities.