List of Top Pharma Companies in World – The pharmaceutical industry is responsible for the development, production, and marketing of medications. The global pharmaceutical market is expected to reach an estimated $2 billion by 2024 with a CAGR of 5.7% from 2019 to 2024. The major drivers for this market are increasing government spending on healthcare, disease prevalence, along with growing demand for generic medicines. Here in this blog, we have listed the Top Pharma companies in the world ranked by their revenue generated in the respective 2019 financial year. Read the blog for more details.
With rising pressure to develop drugs to meet ever-increasing global demand, pharmaceutical companies continue to work tirelessly to bring the most innovative and cutting-edge treatments to patients. The key drivers of growth will continue to be
- The United States and pharma markets with 4−7% and 5–8% compound annual growth, respectively. In the United States, overall spending growth is driven by a range of factors including new product uptake and brand pricing, while it is offset by patent expiries and generics.
- Medicine spending in Japan totaled $86 billion in 2018, however, spending on medicines is expected to decline by -3 to 0% through 2023, largely because of exchange rates and the continued uptake of generics.
- In Europe, cost-containment measures and less growth from new products contribute to slower growth of 1−4%, compared to the 4.7% compound annual growth seen over the past five years.
- Pharmaceutical spending in China reached $137 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $140−170 billion by 2023, but its growth is likely to slow to 3−6%.
Top Pharma Companies in World
In this article, we have ranked the leading pharmaceutical companies according to 2018 and 2019 revenue from their pharmaceutical segment only. Below is a List of Top Pharma Companies in the World with their registered address and some of their famous generic product list.
1. Pfizer Inc.:
Pfizer Inc. established in the year 1849 and is the leading Pharmaceutical Company in The World according to the market share and revenues. Pfizer’s 2018 revenues reached $53.6bn, helped by the growth of 2% in operating revenues. This revenue growth was driven by sales of key pharmaceutical products, including Ibrance, Eliquis, and Xeljanz, as well as operational growth in emerging markets. The research-based company has a varied portfolio that spans many therapy areas, including immunology, oncology, neurosciences, and rare diseases.
The company received several FDA approvals, particularly in oncology, and many of its best-selling products have many years of patent protection remaining. Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent quality improvement initiatives to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical needs that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies. Some of the company famous product list includes:
- ADVIL® BRANDS
- ALESSE 21® AND ALESSE 28® TABLETS
- AQUASOL A™ PARENTERAL
- BESPONSA™ FOR INJECTION
- BUPRENORPHINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- BUTORPHANOL TARTRATE
- CALCIUM CHLORIDE
- CARDURA® XL
- CENTRUM® BRANDS
- CHLOROPROCAINE HYDROCHLORIDE
- DAURISMO TABLETS
- DAYPRO ALTA™
- DEPO-SUBQ PROVERA 104®
- DOCETAXEL INJECTION
- EMBEDA® CII
- ERYTHROCIN™ LACTOBIONATE
Contact details: 235 East 42nd Street NY, NY 10017 (212) 733-2323
2. Novartis AG:
In 1996, Ciba-Geigy merged with Sandoz; the pharmaceutical and agrochemical divisions of both companies formed Novartis as an independent entity. Novartis is off to a strong start in 2019 with the Mayzent launch, successful Alcon spin-off, and strong operational execution leading us to revise 2019 profit guidance upwards. The company earned $51.9bn in revenues in 2018 with its Innovative Medicines unit contributing the highest revenues of $34.9bn.
Sales of key products including Cosentyx, Entresto, Lutathera, Promacta/Revolade, Tafinlar + Mekinist, Jakavi, Kisqali, Kymriah, and biosimilars were the major growth drivers. Novartis is honored to receive numerous awards for progress in research and development, our working environment, and our corporate responsibility activities. The key products of the company include:
- Afinitor Disperz®/Votubia®
- Diovan HCT® /Co-Diovan®
- Exforge HCT®
- Focalin® XR
- Lescol® XL
- Onbrez® Breezhaler®
- Sandostatin LAR®
- Signifor® LAR
- Systane® Balance
- TOBI® Podhaler™
- Travatan® BAK-Free
- Ultibro® Breezhaler®
Contact them – c/o Novartis International AG Forum 1 Novartis Campus CH-4056 Basel Switzerland
3. Johnson & Johnson:
Johnson & Johnson stands strong on the 3rd place in the list of Top Pharma Companies in World. The company is an American multinational corporation established in the year 1886 that involves in manufacturing of medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer packaged goods. Johnson & Johnson earned revenues of $81.6bn in 2018, which is a 6.7% increase compared to 2017. Global and domestic sales of the company rose by 8.5% and 5.1% respectively.
The combined revenues of the pharmaceutical ($40.7bn) and medical device ($27bn) segments during the year were $67.7bn. The company strives to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body, and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Other drivers of growth included best-selling drugs Stelara, Darzalex and Zytiga. The product list includes:
- Benadryl Children’s Allergy Plus Congestion
- Benadryl Children’s Allergy
- Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief
- Motrin Childrens
- Motrin Infant Drops
- Neosporin + Pain, Itch, Scar
- Neosporin + Pain Relief Neo To Go! First Aid Antiseptic
- Nicotrol NS
- Pepcid Complete
- Polysporin First Aid Antibiotic Ointment
- Sudafed 12 Hour Pressure+Pain
- Sudafed Children’s Nasal Decongestant
- Tylenol Children’s Cold + Cough + Runny Nose
- Tylenol Cold Head Congestion Severe
- Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream
Contact them – Johnson & Johnson Global Marketing Group 410 George Street New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
4. F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd:
F. Hoffmann-La Roche & Co. established on October 1, 1896, at the age of 28, Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche launched his company as the successor company to Hoffmann, Traub & Co in Basel, Switzerland. Swiss pharmaceutical company, Roche, is the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world for 2019 and employs 94,442 people worldwide. The company develops innovative drugs and devices in a number of key indications, such as oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, and neuroscience.
F Hoffmann-La Roche recorded revenues of CHF56.84bn ($57.73bn) in 2018. The pharmaceutical division contributed to the majority of revenue reaching CHF44bn ($44.68bn). Sales of the pharmaceutical division increased by 7% year-on-year owing to the launch of new medicine Ocrevus, as well as existing oncology medications including Perjeta, Tecentriq, Alecensa, and Hemlibra. They focus on developing innovative medicines and diagnostic tests that help patients live longer better lives. The product list includes:
- Actemra®/RoActemra® (tocilizumab)
- Bonviva / Boniva
- Gazyva/Gazyvaro (obinutuzumab; GA101)
- Hemlibra® (emicizumab)
- TECENTRIQ® (atezolizumab)
- Xolair® (omalizumab)
Contact them – F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. Investor Relations CH-4070 Basel Switzerland
5. Merck & Co Inc:
Merck & Co Inc established in the year 1891 and is one of the best Pharma companies in the world. The company is determined to transform breakthrough science into novel therapeutic and vaccine options. Merck & Co recorded revenues of $42.3bn in 2018, up by 5% from the previous year. An increase in sales of key products such as Keytruda and Gardasil was the major contributor to growth in the pharmaceutical division, which posted revenues of $9.8bn.
The company develops drugs, vaccines, and biologics in many areas including cardiovascular, oncology, endocrinology and infectious disease. Their R&D network operates and collaborates within leading biomedical ecosystems, including the San Francisco Bay area, California; Boston/Cambridge, Massachusetts; New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The product list includes:
- ANTIVENIN™ (LATRODECTUS MACTANS)
- ASMANEX® HFA (mometasone furoate)
- BCG Vaccine (For Percutaneous Use)
- BELSOMRA® (suvorexant) tablets, for oral use, C-IV
- CANCIDAS® (caspofungin acetate) for Injection, for intravenous use
- CELESTONE® SOLUSPAN® (betamethasone sodium phosphate and betamethasone acetate)
- DELSTRIGO™ (doravirine, lamivudine, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) tablets, for oral use
- ELOCON® (mometasone furoate) Cream, 0.1% for topical use
- ELOCON® (mometasone furoate) Lotion, 0.1% for topical use
- FOLLISTIM® AQ Cartridge (follitropin beta injection) for subcutaneous use
- FOSAMAX® (alendronate sodium) tablets and oral solution
- Ganirelix Acetate Injection
- DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets, for oral use
Contact them – 2000 Galloping Hill Road Kenilworth, NJ 07033 U.S.A.
Listed in my article of Pharmaadda are the List of Top Pharma companies in World. I hope the information provided in our blog is useful for the readers. For more queries, you can contact us by filling the contact form or you can call us for direct conversation.